Registration and Licensing
What is the Marmalade Attribution policy?
As a technology business we thrive by sharing details of the amazing apps and games that are made with Marmalade.
It is for this reason that we ask licensees to reference Marmalade in one or more of the following ways:
Marmalade Community Licence holders
- A Made with Marmalade splash screen will be displayed when your app loads. The splash screen will display automatically, and will remain on screen for a short time.
Marmalade Indie and Plus Licences
- Include the Made with Marmalade logo and our website address www.madewithmarmalade.com within the credits and/or about screen. If possible, this should link to www.madewithmarmalade.com.
- In the event that technical restrictions prevent the above, the wording “Made with Marmalade” and our website address www.madewithmarmalade.com should be included within the app credits and/or ‘About’ screen of your published app. If possible, this should link to our website www.madewithmarmalade.com.
- An optional Made with Marmalade splash screen will be displayed when your app loads. The splash screen will display automatically, and will remain on screen for a short time.
- Assets can be downloaded here.
Promoting apps that are made with Marmalade
We also request that we are able to reference your published app on our website, www.madewithmarmalade.com, and in promotional material about Marmalade. Wherever possible we will provide links back to your own site or digital stores where your app is available.
Once your app is available please send the following assets to email@example.com:
- Logo (high resolution)
- Game icon (high resolution)
- 2/3 in game screen shots (high resolution)
- Short description of your game (50 characters)
- Longer description of your game (100 words)
- Notable information (for example: #10 in Games Category, App Store, December 2012).
- Marketing contact details for future promotion opportunities
In some circumstances, we would like to be able to share your made with Marmalade app(s) with a wider audience by asking you to take part in marketing activity to promote Marmalade and cross-platform development, which would in turn help to drive sales and the distribution of your app(s).
I’m a student, what sort of cheap licenses do you have for me?
We offer a free license for students and educational institutions. Please Contact Us for more details.
What licensing options do you have for indie developers?
We love indie developers and have quite a few options to cater for their needs:
- Our Community license allows you to develop and commercially deploy applications to iOS and Android devices for only $149
- Our Indie license is completely unrestricted and only costs $499
- You may be able to get a full refund for both Community and Indie licenses if you participate in our Forums and Code Community
- Any developer whose app gets approved for the Apps Program will get a free Indie license (or a full refund)
- You can also try out Marmalade for free for 45 days to experience its benefits and advanced capabilities
I have not received the activation email for my account, what should I do?
Please check the "junk" email folder in your email client. If you cannot see the email please Contact Us
How do I obtain a license for my desktop development machine
(or request a new one)?
On a PC you can request a license using the "Marmalade Configuration" tool, once open you can use the "Request New License" option to obtain your license. On a Mac use the "s3elicense" tool located in the "Applications" folder (e.g. Developer/Marmalade-SDK/version/). When asked for your username and password, these are the same as you would use to login to our web site.
I have an existing license I purchased before 16th June 2011, is it still valid?
Yes, any license purchased before 16th June is still valid and can be used in the same way until its expiry date.
How can I use my license on another computer?
It is possible to "Release" a license so that it can be used on another computer. If you log in to the web site, go to "My Account" and scroll down to the option that allows you to release your license. On the new computer you will need to use the Marmalade Configuration tool to request a new license.
I have bought multiple licenses for the Marmalade SDK, how do I allocate them?
Once you have purchased your licenses you can manage them from the "My Account" section of the web site. From the "Manage Licenses" section it is possible to invite users to obtain your licenses as well as release licenses for existing users so that they can be re-allocated.
How can I get a receipt for my license purchase?
A receipt for your purchase is emailed when the transaction is completed but if you need another copy you can find this through your account on our web site.